Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Walking through the rain

Aids walk L.A. c.2010
Mobile picture

The Aids Walk is something that has been on my long "I've always wanted to" list. This year, the time and the opportunity finally coincided.

It was a rainy day but that didn't stop me or the friend who told me about the event. There were all sorts of participants and no one was bothered by the nonstop drizzle. In fact, it was welcomed. There was one exceptionally hilarious sight during the entire route. A woman participated in her high heels. Now that is dedication. I'm not sure if she just stayed up from the night before, or if she woke up and put on her walking shoes but either way, I was impressed. I'm not a huge user of high heels, but I can walk in them with confidence...for a limited amount of time. I can't dance in them all night and I most certainly cannot walk a 10K in them. Only in L.A. I suppose...



No comments:

Post a Comment