Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Passenger in the dark


Passenger in the dark c.2010

On my daily commute, the longest bus ride (distance wise) happens to be the quickest ride since the route goes through the carpool lane of the 10 Freeway. I’m always thankful that I’m not stuck in traffic during that time.

Daylight savings in the fall means the sun seems to set around…3. By the time I get out, it feels as if its 10pm, especially if the weather is cold.

The ride home on the freeway is very exposing. It's dark outside and the lights inside the bus are a spotlight on the passengers throughout the ride. You also can’t look at anything outside of the window other than your own reflection.

Today was different. It was nice. The bus driver turned off the interior lights on the freeway. Passengers were given anonymity and were only lit by the oncoming traffic and the red scrolling marquee inside.

I attempted to take a picture of this, but being in a dark and vibrating environment, it's not surprising I failed to capture a steady image. At least I did manage to capture the movement of being on the carpool lane.

“Road trippin” by the Red Hot Chili Peppers began to play on my ipod, and it seemed appropriate. I have no idea when I’ll take off on a trip again. But for now, this was nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment