Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A walk through artificial light

 C.2012






If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. 
 Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.  
~Raymond Inmon


Now, where was I...

I'd be lying if I said I haven't realized I strayed away from my favorite things. Things like walking for pleasure, taking pictures, and visting the occasional gallery for inspiration. Sure, I can blame a million things why I let the lapse happen. But at this point I'd rather be proactive and simply pick up where I left off.  

Over the weekend I decided to take a walk over to Samy's camera on Fairfax and drool over equipment that I will own one day...then I walked to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)...then to The Grove... then back to LACMA. A consecutive zigzag but it felt great, mentally and physically. I suppose you can say I greased up the wheels. It was exciting to play around with a new camera after what seemed like an eternal wait. I also couldn't help but smile at all of the different people during their various photography sessions at the famous lightposts outside of the museum. I definitely plan on returning there in the very near future.
I've missed it all dearly and I look forward to capturing more this year. I think it'll be a good year. I'll make sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment