Monday, March 7, 2011

A walk down to the artwalk


As the next Downtown L.A. Artwalk event approaches, I'm reminded of the pleasant stroll I took while heading over to the artwalk last month. 

I decided to take "the long way" down to the artwalk before meeting my friends who were already having dinner on Spring St. I could have met up with them sooner and I didn't have to walk down from upper Grand. However, on my way from work I realized I didn't have too many pictures of the Cal Plaza at night. Besides, if this picturesque detour meant I could avoid the rat friendly blocks that border Pershing Square, then so be it. There weren't many people walking around the plaza, which wasn't surprising. It wasn't too late but I've noticed that place typically becomes a bit of a ghost town after the sun sets.  I was vigilant about anyone following me, but I was actually a bit more anxious of any rats that might cross my path.

I already liked visiting that place during the daytime on a weekend. It can be a very peaceful pocket in the city and I found that exact sentiment was true on a week night. Although I was simply passing through, I felt as ease and serene. That isn't something I can say for too many parts of Downtown L.A. at night. At least not from the ground level.






A stroll through Cal Plaza 
c.2011

1 comment: