Wednesday, August 11, 2010

In and out



Once again, the central library is the focus of my attention. I stopped by over the weekend and briefly walked in, however, the day was so gorgeous outside that I walked right out and enjoyed a good book at the California plaza. I’ve never visited that spot during the week but I can imagine it’s jammed packed with suits and skirts during the afternoons. I enjoy this spot on the weekend since it’s usually quite peaceful (with the exception of the scattered tourists that occasionally stop by).

California Plaza - Mobile upload c.2010


After sipping on fancy water and finishing up a novel, I walked back past the side of the library on Grand Ave. I noticed a window I’ve ignored for years and years. I’ve been aware of the frame but for some reason that day I actually was able to see through it. Barely.

Central library
Exterior c.2010

It isn’t uncommon to see people take a few pictures inside the library from the bottom floors looking up. It’s quite a grand sight. I still do it from time to time. The perspective is obviously much different from outside, but in a surreal way. I was actually more amazed at the fact that I noticed something I’ve never seen before. I felt silly, embarrassed and stupid for having missed this “out looking in” view all this time but I was glad at the same time. As I continue to revisit familiar places, I hope to experience this feeling of rediscovery again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment