Tuesday, August 10, 2010

...riding through Los Angeles

Passenger c.2010

Last week I revisited an old friend…the metro blue line. Public transportation usually is a pleasant experience when you don’t HAVE to use it. Since I had the luxury of time & personal space on my side, it was a nice ride. I rode it again to the central library, however this time I chose a window seat facing east. My eye immediately zeroed in on the window etchings.

What form of public transportation hasn’t been defaced? I used to see guys pull out their sharpened pens or box cutters on the 18 route and make their mark. I usually witnessed things like that in the back of the bus and other passengers never spoke up. The scratching on the windows and panels would make me twitch, much like nails to a chalkboard. Pointless behavior in my opinion…almost as pointless as taking public transportation for fun. Kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment